Thursday, June 9, 2011

Anniversary Cards


I needed 2 anniversary cards in a hurry, and these are what I came up with. I also used them for a challenge, so I completed 2 tasks at once.

I used Sharon Mobley's File Fancy Mats 2, RM00148 and Fancy Borders 2, RM00145. This is for a challenge on the VDBC Forum, to use either a digital or hand stamped image and color it by hand. I colored my stamp using the Gamsol and Colored Pencil technique. After coloring my stamp I applied some Stickles to the image, I also hand cut the image and applied Scotch Mounting Tape. Attached the ribbons to my cards using Fiskars Glue Dots.  The stamp is a Hero Arts Stamp - Hydrangea. I love this stamp and us it frequently. I also applied some Stickles to the border under the matted stamp, which was cut at 8 inches and trimmed to fit my card.

 


For the inside of my card I used a Inkadinkado Stamp set called Fancy That, stamped in green ink from Martha Stewart. The mat is one of Sharon's, Fancy Mats 2. It is a square mat but I stretched it out into more of a rectangle slightly to fit my 4 by 5 1/2 card. I cut the mat at 4x5 and as you can see it cut fine, (using my Cricut, no choice right now). I placed my ruler alongside my card to show you how small the holes cut. I find Sharon's files cut well on the Cricut, and as I said before not because I'm on her CT, they just do.



Supplies Used:

White Sheer Ribbon from Dollar Store
Purple Ribbon from Wal-Mart
Downloaded Heart Doily   Downloaded from Birds Cards
Ink Martha Stewart
Fiskars Glue Dots
Scotch Mounting Tape
Inkadinkado Stamp Set, Fancy That
Value pak Green Cards from Big Lots
Deena's Penny Lane Dot Paper by My Minds Eye
Stickles Lavendar and Green
Recollections White Card Stock
Hero Arts Stamp Hydrangea

Thank you for looking
MichelleMyBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment