Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My "Tricked Out" Coffin


Today I'm going to share another Halloween project I completed. I have been wanting to make a coffin for some time now.

I started out with a purchased box from Micheal's and painted it black.  I cut 2 flourishes out and added red Stickles to them and set aside to dry. Next I worked on my Rosette Flower. I cut the Rosette, and a scallop circle. I had some extra webbing around the house since I had been decorating and hot glued it to the Rosette. I attached my scalloped circle and applied some Ranger Liquid Pearls and set aside to dry. I added some Stickles to the roses and worked on the little spiders next. They were also a left over decoration and I was wondering what I could add to them, so I put some little rhinestones on them.
 

While all that was drying I started on the inside. I cut my Little Vampire from the Halloween Palz
and assembled him. I chalked him but you can't see it in the photo. Once assembled, I added some Stickles to the cape and then to his hair and set aside to dry. I cut the spider and the bat from the Cuttlebug Dies. I added some Stickles to them also and set aside. I glued some webbing to the inside of the coffin.

The Eat Drink sentiment is cut from the DCWV Midnight Spell Stack. I used pop dots and applied it to the inside of the coffin. My spider finally dried about 1 hour later and I stuck him to the coffin with a pop dot, and then added some additional webbing. I glued the bat to the inside of the coffin, added a spider, then I made a brace for the vampire and attached it to him and hot glued it to the inside of the coffin. Before attaching him I did his face.

I applied some ribbon to the bottom part of the coffin using double sided tape. Next, I finished the Rosette by attaching the roses and the spiders, then hot gluing it to the top of the coffin.

The Vampire is suppose to be holding a bat, but because he is only 2 inches tall my Expression would not cut the bat properly. :(

Supply List:
ScrappyDew Creations -  Halloween Palz - Little Vampire
CuttleBug Dies - Bat, Spider
Green Webbing
Stickles - Red X-mas, Black
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Platinum
Rhinestones Red - Queen & Co. AcMoores
Recollection Roses - Red and Grey
Flourishes from Cindy Loo Cartridge
Black Paint - FolkArt
DCWV - Midnight Spell Stack - Sentiment
Spiders - Horrible Spiders
Celebrate - Spider Web Ribbon
Recollection - Double Sided Tape
Unpainted Coffin Box
Flourish File - From Lettering Delights

Thanks for looking,   MichelleMyBelle

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! I love that embellishment on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wanted to say I had a nice stroll through your blog, Michelle you do fantastic work.
    Love that photo, a very peaceful place...I can almost hear the water trickling over the stones.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Michelle.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete