Monday, February 13, 2012

MTC Challenge featuring Kristi Dailey Designs


This is my entry for the Feb 4-12th challenge on the MTC Forum. Kristi has provided us with a set of graphics to use for the challenge. She is also sponsoring a prize for the challenge. Thank you Kristi. If you are not familiar with her work you can check out her store Here
Come on over to the Make the Cut Forum and join us. We have challenges twice monthly with prizes and free files.

I had forgotten to make a Valentine for my husband from my son. Ooops! LOL  I printed and cut the graphic and made a shadow layer with black cardstock. I did the shadow layer a little different this time. The heart border and corner is a Martha Stewart Punch. I'm trying to use up some of my scraps. I have so much of it and I hate digging through it all looking for something I can use. I'm making it a goal to get that pile smaller.

The ribbon is from the dollar store, it has an almost paper like feel to it. You can't create a bow with it, so I took a heart brad and just made a loop. I had some of the greenery left over from my St. Patty Day card and put it at the bottom of the heart. Not sure if I like it or not. Gems are from AC Moores, their $1 pkgs.


Inside of my card. I took the graphic that was included in the set that Kristi provided and did a pixel trace on it so I could create a mat layer. The graphic was a Print n Cut and I wanted more dimension and use some heart paper I had.  The stamp is a Martha Stewart stamp. 
Thanks for looking!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment