Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wedding Card Using Mojo Monday 237 Sketch


Finally, I've found some time to create yesterday. These past weeks have been so crazy! I needed a wedding card for today. I hate doing projects in a hurry.

This is my take using the Mojo Monday sketch. The card base is a Studio g card pack I purchased about 3 weeks ago. I liked the shape, the best part they were only $1 for 8 cards and envelopes. I could have made them in MTC but sometimes it's just as easy to have the card base already done and handy. In fact, the whole card was done by hand not using MTC or my Expression.  Just me and my scissors! LOL Oh, except for the heart on the inside.
  I took the card base and traced the bottom edge onto some black cardstock to continue the shape. The wedding paper is from a Making Memories 8x8 wedding stack.



I also continued with the edge on the inside of the card. The white heart was an extra piece from another project, it's a basic shape from the MTC program. I thought I would continue with the heart theme to go along with the heart brads used on the front. Not sure if I like a smaller shape for the inside sentiment. I also applied some silver Stickles to the outer edge of the heart.
The sentiment on the front and inside are from an Inkadinkado wedding stamps set.
 
 
 
 
Because the card is bulky from the flowers, it would not fit into an envelope. So I designed an envelope box in MTC. The flourish and flowers on the box are also left over from other projects. I always cut extras to keep on hand. This way I don't have to worry about creating them on the spot. I  applied some silver Stickles to them as well.


This is my finished project with the card inside.
Thanks for looking.
 
Supplies Used: 
 
Inkadinkado Wedding Stamps
Making Memories Brads and Wedding Stack
Studio g cards 
Recollection Flowers - Front of Card
Silver Stickles
Ribbon
Black and White Cardstock
Hand rolled rose

Have a great Wednesday!
Michelle



2 comments: