Friday, July 29, 2011

What else can you do with Make the Cut

There is a recent post on the Make the Cut Forum asking what else you can do with the program or make.  If you would like to read it you can view it Here. I posted a little Tut showing how I make stamps from my layered cutting files to match my projects for cards, scrapbooking etc.

Just a Note: Most designers don't allow use of their designs in this manner, I do it for my personal use only. So I won't say what designs I do this with, but I thought I would show you anyway. LOL

I did it differently in older versions of Make the Cut but this version is so fast and easy. I can't say enough good things about this new version. If you have a cutter and are not familiar with the program please check it out. You can go Here and view some of the new features that have been added.



Lets just say this is a layered cutting flower file. I'm using Windings Font as an example and not a good one. But just for the Demo.



My mat is currently on Green and Fill/Outline is selected


image

Now I change my mat to Contrast--Outline




image

And this is what you end up with. A design you can print and hand color as a stamp. You can do this with any cutting file, so all those designs you now own you can use in alternative ways. Also, the great thing is you can re-size according to you needs. You can't do that with your rubber stamps.


image

I hope you found this useful.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment