Saturday, March 24, 2012

Easter Egg Card


Good Morning everyone!!

Here is an egg card I finished early this morning. It was started during the week but had some bad news and I just got back to it. 
I have seen different versions of the card last year on blogs, so I can't take credit for it. 
I had downloaded the egg file from Paulo's blog some time ago  Here  If you have not visited his blog, I suggest you stop by and check out all the wonderful files he has to download. He is very generous in sharing his work. He was active on the MTC Forum but have not seen him post in a while. He is a Pediatric Surgeon and I'm sure he is very busy.


The base of my card and the green flourish is Recollections Signature Cardstock. You only get 25 sheets in a pack, but the sheets are very thick like Bazzill cardstock and they cut so nice with the Expression.
The green flourish is a file by Penny Duncan She once again had her files available for download, but many were downloading them all at once and Sky Drive blocked her from her own files. I think she is trying to find another way to offer them again. I'm so glad I was able to download her Shapelies a little at a time last year, I don't have them all but a good bit of them. You can also purchase the files on CD at her Etsy store.
The flowers are Recollections, I added a green Rhinestone to the centers. The ribbon is Dots and Dashes by Offray. 
I also applied some purple Stickles to all the small circle cutouts in the egg. When cutting the egg file, you want to have a fairly new mat and blade because of the intricate cuts.


For the inside of the card I took the solid egg shape and just re-sized it smaller for all the layers. When I would do a shadow layer it was changing the shape all together. Also, I just snipped a piece of the green flourish and added another flower and attached them to the bottom layer. 
I did stamp and egg and a Happy Easter sentiment on the left inside of the card. Forgot to take a photo of it. LOL
I hope you enjoyed my egg card and maybe inspired you to make one of your own.
Have a great Saturday!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation as always Michelle. Seeing your work makes me miss playing with paper.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your egg turned out just beautiful Michelle!! Thank you for sharing the links to the files. Have a great day!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete